Based
on my reflections, on a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate my well-being in each
area as follows: physical-8, spiritual-8,
and psychological-8. I feel that I am pretty
strong in each area but certainly not a 10.
I feel that I still have more work that can be done in improve my level
of wellness in each area. My goal is to
enhance my wellness level in all of the areas at least to a nine within the
next six months. Some of the activities
that I can implement in my life to assist in moving toward this goal would
involve going to the gym more and being more conscious of what I am eating for
physical. I also plan to spend more time
studying scriptures in the Bible and increasing my prayer and meditation time
for spiritual. As for psychological, I
plan to pick back up on reading and meditating on affirmations as well as find
some exercises that are geared at improving psychological wellness and try some
of them.
As
for the relaxation exercise, I enjoyed it just as I enjoyed the last one. I really find the voice and music soothing
and relaxing. My only problem is that I
get so relaxed that I get sleepy. I am
working on that. Relaxation techniques
work for me so I have an appreciation for them.
I enjoyed the correlation to and use of colors as a focal point in this
exercise. I especially liked the portion
that referred to visualizing that our bodies are surrounded in white light and
that being associated with a feeling of calm and relaxation. This was a very good exercise.
Good morning Vicki, your self reflection assessment numbers are great and your goal of hitting a 9 in these categories in a six month time frame is outstanding. I believe you can achieve your goal. In your writing it appears you are very strong minded and faith oriented, this is awesome as it must give you the will power and mental acuity to achieve many things in your life. I think your sleepiness during the relaxation techniques is a good sign of them working for you and I wouldn't fret over it. Have you looked into books on tape? My wife and I have been using them lately as they are a good way to squeeze in "Reading"whilst exercising or driving.
ReplyDelete