Saturday, March 30, 2013

Unit 2 Blog


Hello wonderful people and welcome to my blog.  I am a very open minded person who loves to analyze various concepts and pieces of information.  I also enjoy networking and communicating with others.  Please feel open and welcome to share in this blog experience with me.  It will be nice communicating with you as we learn new and exciting things from each other. 
The mind, body, and spirit connection is a strong, unique, and often untapped concept.  I am looking forward to exploring this connection and not only preparing myself professionally to utilize the information that I acquire from this course, but also to apply it to my personal life to advance my personal level of health and wellness while achieving a balance among what I have termed the trinity: the mind, body, and spirit.
My experience with the Journey On relaxation exercise was a phenomenal one.  The gentleman’s voice was very soothing as was the music.  I waited until there was a time when my house was quiet and I could really focus on the directions and information that he was giving.  I followed along the exercise per his instructions and found what he said to be true; especially the part about the overwhelming level of comfort in my arms and hands when he instructed me to mentally move blood from the gastrointestinal area to the muscles in my arms and hands.  By the end of the exercise, I found that I was sleepy although it was the middle of the afternoon.  This is not typical for me.  I felt great when I began to continue my day following this exercise.  I strongly believe in the affects that relaxation can have on the physiological aspects of the body.  I think if someone truly gives it an opportunity to prove itself, they would be amazed at how awesome the body feels after some relaxing and breathing techniques.  

No comments:

Post a Comment