Saturday, May 11, 2013

Unit 8 Blog


Of the exercises and practice sessions that we have completed in this course, I find that meditation and visualization have been the two most beneficial for me.  The subtle mind exercise was a close second with visualization though.  I have seen the benefits through evidence in my life.  Meditation is a daily practice for me anyhow and I feel that it sets a positive and productive tone before beginning my day.  As for visualization, I find it a good way to find a balance and return to a calm and relaxed state rather quickly, for me at least.  I have just recently implemented the visualization exercise into my personal life and I enjoy it.  I believe the meditation and visualization can foster “mental fitness” because they actually challenge the mind to focus and channel something specific as oppose to having so many random and out of control thought patterns; as does the subtle mind which is why it was a close second for me because I strongly feel that I use those three interchangeably.  The exercises allow me to gain control over my mind and be responsive instead of being forced to react due to the fact that my mind is controlling me.  I believe that that concept in itself is a mental fitness accomplishment.     

No comments:

Post a Comment